Sunday, November 20, 2011

Whole Wheat Pancakes and Turkey Bacon

Whole Wheat Pancakes and Turkey Bacon

What a great weekend meal with this alternative to Aunt Jemima and Bacon! The addition of fruit makes the pancakes taste not so 'whole wheaty'.  I top it with more berries on top and add some 100% pure maple syrup. My family loves them.  If you have leftovers, just freeze them and reheat them in the microwave, much better than Eggo's for you.



2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup of berries or fruit

Stir together dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, and oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened, add cup of fruit. Cook on preheated griddle until bubbles form and edges start to dry. Flip and cook until lightly browned.

Makes 12 pancakes.

Nutrional information ofr 2 pancakes:
124 calories
18g carbs
4g fat
5g protein
3g fibre

I added fresh blueberries and strawberries to these pancakes.



This is the turkey bacon I use. It's nice and thick and tastes delicious.




3 slices are, 90 calories, 3g carbs,  3g fat  12g protein  


2 comments:

  1. I kid you not - I was lying in bed, reading my blogs, and refusing to escape the warmth. Then I read this post and JUMPED out of bed haha. Thanks Chantal! These were awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed them my friend. Wait until you get a load of this low fat ultra good for you cranberry and walnut scone. My first attempt and they were divine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...