Thursday, March 8, 2012

Homemade Chicken Fried Rice

When you have lots of leftovers in your fridge like.... basmati rice, chicken, veggies.... that's the time to make Chicken Fried Rice. Melanie's favourite.

This is the end result in my Wok pan.

Directions:

Put about 1Tbsp of good for you oil in your wok and heat it up high, add your cold, cooked basmati rice, cooked chichen and some asian inspired sauce such as soya sauce, peanut sauce, or teriyaki sauce and add some hot chili sauce if you are so inclined. Add the veggies you have around, I cut up some little carrots and some frozen peas. (some of the only veggies Melanie will eat cooked.)


Then I crack and whip up a couple of eggs and place them in the middle of the pan and cook it up and mix it all around.

To pump up the veg. quotient, I added lots of cooked broccoli to mine.


Nutrional Information- this is for about 1 cup (without all the broccoli I added to my portion)

Calories  436      
Fat  10 g
Carbs 51 g
Fibre 5 g
Sugars   3 g
Protein    34 g


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...